- Connects Swan Lake Hydro Facility to the Tyee Lake Hydroelectric Facility
- Clearing of the right-of-way was completed in 2008
- Structure installation, stringing of the line, and ready to energize in 2009, 14 years after the engineering began!
- Allows for greater utilization of the energy generation capability of the Tyee Facility
- Allows for better reliability throughout the entire SEAPA System by improving overall utilization and back up of hydroelectric units
- The Swan-Tyee Intertie serves as a significant component of the Southeast Alaska Electrical transmission system and provides long-term benefits in development of Southeast’s substantial hydroelectric potential.
Video on construction of the STI: